The Story of Florida Agriculture from Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association.
Paul Allen of RC Hatton Inc. in Pahokee, Fla., says that his successful company would not be where it is today without the leadership of the Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association.
Florida agriculture has a compelling story to tell. But do you know just how important agriculture is to our communities and our state … and even beyond? Please visit the Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association’s webpage, Ag by the Numbers, to learn the importance of agriculture to Florida.
Florida Agriculture Fast Facts:
- Supports 1.4 million jobs
- Generates $100 Billion annual economic impact in Florida
- Responsible for $3 Billion in tax revenue for local and state government
- Florida sugar industry provides 12,300 jobs as part of 142,500 nationwide jobs that rely on a strong sugar industry
- Florida sugar industry generates $3.3 Billion economic impact annually